2627 Riverside Ave. | Jacksonville, FL 32204
To be eligible to apply to the St. Vincent’s Family Medicine Residency Program, the candidate must meet the criteria established below. The program director retains the prerogative of presenting an applicant who would not otherwise be eligible but whose qualifications merit consideration.
Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME):
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs:
Special Information for Osteopathic Applicants:
St. Vincent's Family Medicine Residency Program is fully accredited with the American Osteopathic Association and ACGME. All applicants to the program are expected to complete the entire three (3) year Family Medicine Residency.
St. Vincent’s Family Medicine Residency Program Criteria:
- Must have recent medical training or practice experience:
- Must have completed medical school within the past two years or
- Must have been training in an accredited internship or residency program within the past year or
- Must have been in active medical practice within the past year
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have passed Step1 and 2CK within two attempts
- Must have passed Step 2CS exam on the first attempt
- Must have passed Step 2 at the time of rank list submission
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. or hold Permanent Resident Alien/Green Card status with a United States Social Security Card. We do not sponsor/support any type of visa.
Residents are required to obtain a state medical license prior to completion of the residency program. U.S. graduates must meet this requirement by December of the PGY2 year and International graduates by December of the PGY3 year.
Licensure Criteria for the State of Florida:
Details are available at the State of Florida Department of Health.
- U.S. Graduates
- Must be a graduate of an allopathic/osteopathic medical school or approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education,
- Must have completed an approved residency of at least one year,
- Osteopathic physicians are required by Florida Statute (FS 459.006) to complete a 12-month AOA-approved internship to be eligible for licensure in the State of Florida. St. Vincent’s Family Medicine Residency Program internship year (PGY1) meets this requirement.
- International Graduates
- Must be a graduate of an allopathic foreign medical school in good standing with the World Health Organization
- Must hold a valid certificate issued by the Education Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates
- Must have completed an ACGME-approved residency or fellowship of at least two years in one specialty area
- Must have passed USMLE Step 2 within 5 years unless Step 3 has been successfully completed.
Graduates anticipating licensure in states other than Florida must verify licensure requirements of each state to insure eligibility.
St. Vincent's accepts applications through ERAS only. You may contact the AAMC www.aamc.org/eras to register. We also participate with the National Resident Matching Program and National Matching Service.